Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hit the Lights!

As one of my favorite professors, Marie Shakespeare, says, “Lighting is the art of revealing," Nothing completes a design like a detailed and sophisticated lighting plan. Lighting has a great impact on a space and a design as a whole but is sometimes a second thought by both designers and homeowners. I admit it, until I took my lighting class I would throw some recessed fluorescent lights in a space. Now I realize how important lighting is, both functionally and aesthetically. I urge everyone to take a look at the links below for some incredible lighting designs and resources!!
                                                   
I am looking for the opportunity to use this! Bocci is located in Canada and has an eclectic collection of lighting. My favorite collection is 14, what an incredible feeling of the space this light creates. Visit: http://www.bocci.ca/#/bocci-collection/



Roll & Hill is a fairly new company, launched January of 2010, and is based out of New York City. I actually used some of their lighting in a Condo I designed. The original lighting created by their very talented team of designers is very unique and chic. What I love most about their designs is that every one of their luminaires can fit almost any aesthetic whether modern or classic. Visit: http://www.rollandhill.com/

This is the luminaire I used in the entry way in my Condo as well as matching wall sconces in the hallway:

 ­
If you really want to make a statement with your lighting check out Brand Van Egmond. This dream team consists of William Brand and Annet van Egmond, William an architect and Annet a sculptor, if you can’t tell from their work. They have some of the most sculptural pieces I have ever seen, sure to make a statement. Visit: http://www.brandvanegmond.com




Other resources:


Be Inspired!
Savanna

No comments:

Post a Comment